If you haven’t read the first five posts in this series, I really recommend you read them before you read this post (because it will make more sense). You can find the first post by clicking HERE.
Today is my final post in this series – Walking in Obedience. Today I want to challenge you to discover and pursue your dream wholeheartedly.
Where are you at in the dreaming process? Are you asking God for a dream? Are you in the honeymoon stage? Are you at the point where you want to give up and be mad at the Lord? Or are you walking in obedience – even though you don’t understand what God’s doing? It doesn’t matter who you are, I know every one of you is at some stage of this process.
We are all on a journey, heading toward our God dreams.
Somewhere along the line did you choose to take the “easy way”, and now you feel more lost and alone than ever?
Are you wandering, wondering when God will give you a dream?
Are you angry with the Lord because your dream didn’t turn out the way you thought it would?
Have you completely turned your back on the Lord, and you’re trying to do it on your own now?
It doesn’t matter where you are at in the process, you need to know that you are not alone, we are all in this together! And Most importantly you need to know – beyond the shadow of a doubt – that the Lord is walking with you, even if you feel like you’ve lost touch with Him.
If you’re at the beginning stages of dreaming with God, but you don’t know what your dream is, a good place to start is to ask Him, “What breaks your heart?”. Spend quiet time with Him, or ask Him to speak to you through worship, and I know He will speak to you.
If you’re heart is in it, I know He will speak to you. He will give you a dream, and you’ll get to start your dream journey with Him. It’s going to be amazing at times, and extremely hard at times, but I promise you, in the end it is going to be worth it.
You will come out stronger, braver, healed and a friend of God’s.
I know I’ve covered a lot in this series, but as it concludes, I want you to ask yourself these questions. Take some time over the next few days and invite the Lord’s presence to sit with you and write down the answers to these questions –
- What is your dream?
- If you don’t feel like you have a dream, ask God to give you one. Keep praying and asking Him, until He gives you one. He is a dreamer so you probably won’t have to wait long. 😉
- If you already have a God dream, where are you at on the journey?
- Are you in the stage where God is breaking your heart? If so, pray that God will start unfolding your dream, in His perfect timing.
- Are you in the “honeymoon stage”? Celebrate this part of the journey but pray protection over you, and your family, for what is coming. Ask God to give you the courage and strength to choose obedience. Ask Him to give you wisdom to know how to face each situation, the way He would face it.
- Have you already taken the “easy way”? If so, it’s not too late! Repent of your anger, frustration (whatever you’re feeling), and hand it over to the Lord. It’s never to late to pick your dream back up, choose obedience and to trust the Lord.
- Have you chosen obedience from the beginning? If you did, what are you struggling with? Ask the Lord to encourage you and give you strength. Also ask Him to bring people into your life to encourage you, lift you up and support you when you are tired.
You don’t have to do this on your own!
The enemy wants you to think you are all alone but it’s so important that you don’t listen to his lies! Surround yourself with friends and/or family that love you and support you. We need to learn how to walk with one another, encourage one another and have grace for one another, because every one of us is at some point in this process, so walk with one another, instead of fighting, or judging each other because their story doesn’t look the same as ours.
As I end this series, my prayer for you is that you would know your dream, follow your dream wholeheartedly, grow deeper in your relationship with the Lord through the journey, that you would trust Him with every part of your life and that you would be fully given to Him, as you walk and dream with Him.